Call for application for two postdoc vacancies in the context of the Processing Citizenship Project, funded by the European Research Council. The positions are opened at the University of Bologna, with Annalisa Pelizza as Principal Investigator.
See the call here.
- One position in “Social studies of data infrastructures for population management”
Open to candidates wishing to focus their research on the socio-organizational aspects of data infrastructures, with attention to how circulation of third-country populations data shapes and is shaped by inter-organizational boundaries.
Strongly encouraged backgrounds: Science and Technology Studies, sociology of technology or sociology of organization with a focus on data infrastructures, social informatics, software studies or information science with a sociological sensitivity
- One position in “European studies with a focus on multi-level governance of data infrastructuring for migration management”
Open to candidates wishing to focus their research on European multi-level and multi-sectorial governance, with attention to data infrastructuring for migration management
Strongly encouraged backgrounds: political science, EU public policy, European history, European law, International Relations or sociology, all with a focus on European integration
- Where: University of Bologna, Department of Philosophy and Communication. Bologna is one of the most sought after cities to live and work in Italy and Europe.
- Duration: 12 month, renewable
- Salary: between 2.200 and 2.600 euro/month net
- Start date: March 2020, a later date can be negotiated
- Submission deadline: 17th January, 2020
- Interviews: 5th (Social studies of data infrastructures vacancy) and 6th (European Studies vacancy) February 2020, candidate decides whether in person or via videocall
- Full-length call and submission link (tip: filter by department “Dipartimento di Filosofia e Comunicazione (post 240/2010)”)
In case of scientific questions, please contact the PI Annalisa Pelizza before 29/12 or after 12/01. In case of administrative questions, please contact Ms. T. Mattioli, +39 051/2092202, email@example.com.