Research Assistant (PostDoc) - salary grade E13 TV-L Berliner Hochschulen - 2nd qualification period (Habilitation)
Fakultät I – Institut für Philosophie, Literatur-, Wissenschafts- und Technikgeschichte / FG Technikgeschichte Reference number: I-291/20 (starting at 01/10/20 / for max. 5 years / part-time employment may be possible)
Closing date for applications 03/07/2020.
- Cooperation in the organisation, preparation and implementation of teaching and research in the “history of technology” department; participation in academic self-administration
- Teaching according to LVVO
- Commitment to the further strategic development of the “history of technology” department, its research projects and activities
- Scientific qualification towards a “Habilitation”, with a research project which supplements the department’s key topics in a reasonable way
- A focus of your interests and expertise in the history of digitization or in environmental history (e.g. pollution legacies) is desireable.
We are a dynamic team and offer a pleasant working atmosphere. Inquiries concerning the position may be directed to Prof. Dr. Heike Weber (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Candidates must hold an academic degree (Master, Diplom or equivalent) and have completed, or are soon to complete, a PhD in history of technology or related fields
- Appropriate research project in the field of the history of technology
- Excellent knowledge of modern foreign languages
- A structured, responsible as well as team-oriented way of working
- Willingness and skills for interdisciplinary research and teaching projects with humanities and engineering; interest in technical disciplines
- Ability to teach (in English, later also in German); teaching is placed inside the Bachelor program “Culture and Technology” and the Master program “Theory and History of Science and Technology”
Please send your application indicating the job reference number including the appropriate documentation (letter of application, CV, exposé on your academic compatibility, research plan (ca. 2 pages)) digital (in the form of a PDF file) exclusively by E-mail to email@example.com.
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guaranty for the protection of your personal data when submitted as unprotected file. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) at the TU staff department homepage: www.abt2-t.tu-berlin.de/menue/themen_a_z/datenschutzerklaerung/ or quick access 214041.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.
Der Präsident - Fakultät I, Institut für Philosophie, Literatur-, Wissenschafts- und Technikgeschichte, FG Technikgeschichte, Prof Dr. Heike Weber, Sekr. H 67, Straße des 17. Juni 135, 10623 Berlin.