Lecturer (Energy and Society), The University of Edinburgh- Science, Technology and Innovation Studies / School of Social and Political Science / College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Closing date 4 March 2022, 5pm.
We are looking for a Lecturer to join our research and teaching cluster of Energy, Environment and Sustainability who will further the School’s reputation for teaching and research in Science, Technology and Innovation Studies.
The Opportunity: You will have a prominent focus on Energy, Society and Sustainability, particularly from a Science, Technology and Innovation Studies perspective, and will deliver teaching and supervision at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and develop a portfolio of high quality externally-funded research. We welcome applicants who can demonstrate a global outlook on energy policy, society and sustainability issues, alongside Scottish, UK and European contexts.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- A PhD or equivalent, either submitted or awarded by the time of appointment
- Evidence of expertise in research on Energy, Society and Sustainability, particularly from a Science, Technology and Innovation Studies perspective
- Evidence of attainments in teaching, appropriate to career stage, which are indicative of a commitment to, and potential for, excellence in teaching and to promote outstanding student experience
- Evidence of investigative research and publication activities, appropriate to career stage, meeting standards of international excellence
- An ability to work as part of a team as well as independently, and evidence of a clear commitment to collegiality, within and across academic and professional services teams
For more, see here.